2015 has been a very rough year on me. I’ve battled my own health issues with my blood sugar and then at the end of the year in October I was rocked with my grandmother being diagnosed with Leukemia and my father being diagnosed with Lymphoma. It has been an eye opening experience that has led me to being even more diligent then I was to remove the horrible things out of my house that causes these diseases. I sat at the computer for hours researching things that cause cancer and a lot of alternatives and one of the things I decided I absolutely had to get rid of is my traditional deodorant. I never really paid attention to what was in it but MAN there is a lot of unsafe ingredients in it! Look here at this label:
- Aluminum- It is a metal that has been linked to Breast Cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease
- BHT- Has been linked to Lung and Liver Cancer. Even MSDS Data sheets say it is a dangerous chemical to even let into your enviroment let alone let it absorb into your skin!
- Talc- Known Carcinogen- contains asbestiform fibers
- Fragrance- causes skin irritations and can cause allergies
- Parabens- disrupts hormonal balance by mimicking estrogen and has led to breast cancer
These are just some of the harmful ingredients located in traditional deodorants! I was determined that I was not going to use these again so I set out to find an alternative deodorant that worked. I tried several that made you mix ingredients into a paste and I really did not like the texture of these at all when trying to put them on. Then I discovered by accident one day that people were using lemons as a natural deodorant. That’s right just LEMONS! I was very skeptical at first because how could it be so easy just to slice a lemon and wipe it on and remain smell and sweat free for the day.
I am very happy to say that I have now been using this deodorant for two months and have been extremely pleased with the results! I have not been able to use it in the summer time yet so I’m not sure about how well it works in very humid days but I have worn it and worked out and still smelled okay afterwards. It is super simple to use all you have to do is:
- Take a fresh lemon and cut a slice off it.
- Wipe each armpit with the slice of lemon and then toss that slice
- Place remaining part of lemon into a sandwich bag to use for the next time
- I slice a new slice each time I use it and then use the back of the slice that is not drying out
It is really that simple! The only thing I would absolutely recommend is waiting about 30 minutes after you shower or shave to put it on because if not it can burn for a couple of minutes.
Good Luck and let me know how this works for you!