In my quest to use natural cleaning products I have to say one of my biggest assets is Vinegar. You can use vinegar for many different cleaning purposes and can ultimately replace a cleaning product from every room in your house with it! I have been using it for about a year now and I will never go back to the standard chemical filled cleaners at the stores!
Many Uses of Vinegar:
- Mix 1 cup vinegar, 2 gallons of water, 1 tbsp. of Dish Soap and use this to mop your floors. I even use this to mop my laminate and tile flooring!
- To clean spots out of carpet: 2 tbsp. of vinegar mixed with 1/4 cup of Baking soda. Rub on the spot and let sit until it dries and then vacuum up. I used this when I had a juice stain on my carpet and it took it out great!
- Make your own window cleaner by mixing equal parts of water and vinegar together in a spray bottle and spraying on the window then wiping dry.
- Add 1/2 cup vinegar to the wash cycle of colored clothes to help leave them bright.
- Get rid of Mustard stains by putting vinegar on the spot and letting sit for about 5-10 minutes then washing as normal.
- Adding vinegar to your washing cycle on your laundry will do wonders for cleaning and brightening your clothing!
- I use Vinegar to clean my counters by adding undiluted vinegar in a spray bottle and then spraying and wiping clean any messes that are made!
- To clean the toilet or the bathtub, use Baking soda and spread around the inside. Then take undiluted vinegar and spray until the baking soda foams. Let sit for several minutes and then wipe out and it will be back to clean!